Simply Wall St transforms the way everyday people around the world invest, through empowering them to understand complicated financial data and make better, non-emotional financial decisions. The average retail investor massively underperforms the market, but they really don’t have to. We have over 2.3 m users and cover over 100,000 stocks in 91 countries.
This is an opportunity to work at a well-funded, profitable, fintech startup. We are solving a very interesting problem in a very underserved space. Investment research is undergoing a huge shift, and we are at the forefront of the technology changing how people monitor, research, and understand their investments and the market.
We provide high-quality, well-written stock analysis, especially on stocks and markets where there is often sparse or no coverage, to millions of retail investors every month. This is all supported by algorithmic and natural language generation, presented in a simple and visual way. Some of the world's biggest finance media brands are already using our content.
Hear from our founder here.
WHAT YOU’LL DO?
- Leverage your analytical thinking to provide retail investors with unique and powerful stock-market insights utilising our rich financial data sources.
- Uncover the needs of retail investors through user research and deliver this knowledge into editorial direction.
- Create data driven, scalable articles like this one, to empower everyday retail investors to understand complicated financial data and make better, non-emotional decisions.
- Make accurate conclusions about companies by examining financial information.
- Write simple code (typescript), to extract financial data. Don't worry if you have not coded before, we’re confident that we can teach you how to do this.
- Work in a cross-functional team of Equity Analysts, Software Engineers, and Data Scientists, reporting to the Lead Equity Analyst.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Someone with an interest in technology and a passion for educating the general public. While we see our role as helping people make better decisions and educating them, we do not provide stock picks, and this role does not involve recommending investment opportunities.
- Someone who can produce engaging stories and distil complex concepts into understandable and actionable insights for the household investor.
- Someone who is curious about the "why" of all things related to markets and investing.
- An excellent writer, because the results of your work will be read by millions of stock investors around the world.
Technically this might look like:
- Previous writing experience, this could be research reports, articles or blog posts.
- Solid accounting knowledge, you can quickly dissect a balance sheet.
- Solid understanding of the equity markets with experience in equity analysis, fundamental analysis and knowledge of valuation techniques.
- An analytical mindset that can conceive innovative ways to discover insights from complex data.
- Basic programming, SQL or other data query methods (bonus, but not required).
- Equity (ESOP) in the business;
- Make a big impact in a profitable scaling startup;
- Learning & Development fund;
- Dedicated no meeting days. More time for flow!
- Be included in key decision-making and making a difference to the business from day one;
- Virtual social events - like team Share Club.
Before you apply:
Take some time to explore our product (including the News site!). We have an open-source analysis model that also acts as an educational tool for our users.
Note: we are only accepting candidates based in Australia with full working rights.