At Simply Wall St we are in a mission to empower every retail investor in the world to make the best decisions possible.
Simply Wall St transforms the way everyday people around the world invest, through empowering them to understand complicated financial data and make better, non-emotional financial decisions. The average retail investor massively underperforms the market, but they really don’t have to. We have over 2.3m users and cover over 100,000 stocks across 91 countries.
This is an opportunity to work at a well-funded, profitable, B2C startup. We are solving a very interesting problem in a very underserved space. Investment research is undergoing a huge shift, and we are at the forefront of the technology changing how people monitor, research, and understand their investments and the market.
We provide high-quality, well-written stock analysis, especially on stocks and markets where there is often sparse or no coverage, to millions of retail investors every month. This is all supported by algorithmic and natural language generation, presented in a simple and visual way. Some of the world's biggest finance media brands are already using our content.
Our users love Simply Wall St because of the innovative way we present our data and analysis using clean UI and visualisations.
Our company is rapidly growing, this is a rare opportunity to get in as one of the first 10 Software Engineers.
- Be joining a small team where you can have a huge impact.
- Help shaping the platform for our growth. We are in the journey to modernize our platform to help us scale: micro-services, GraphQL, Next.js should be in your toolbox or in your wishlist.
- Be working in a cross-functional team, across multiple platforms, to ensure that we are giving the best experience possible for our customers.
- Own services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Engage in technical discussion of solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions and continuous improvement.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day.
- Work with modern tools and languages that excite you and solve user problems.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- You are technologist and you choose the right tool for the problem to solve. We are happy to hear your stories about dealing with different programming languages.
- You Understand what it takes to build reliable, scalable and resilient systems using modern best practices. Show us the scars and what you learnt on the path.
- Exposure to Classic & Modern JS frameworks as well as the browser ecosystem.
- Someone that expects high quality and knows how to work in a high performing team.
- Growth mindset. What works today may not work tomorrow.
- Equity (ESOP) in the business;
- Learning & Development fund;
- Share Club: Money to invest & learn from the team - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAxxqaiG6bY
- Dedicated no meeting days & flexible working. Work when you are productive.
- Social events - like cooking, paintball, manga sketching:
No external recruitment agencies please.
Salary: $135,000-150,000+super +options